Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Swine Schlime

We have had our turn with the Swine Flu over the last three weeks (at least that's been the opinion of our Dr. -- we weren't officially tested for it). I came down with it first, just before Thanksgiving. Madelyn and Miles followed later that week. Then, we thought we were out of the woods, ready for Hannah's baptism last Saturday.

Until she woke up with a fever on Friday morning. I don't think anyone shed more tears than I did that day. But we have since pulled ourselves together and rescheduled for January. Part of my tears came because I blamed myself for not wanting to stand in a 2 hour line to get all my kids the H1N1 vaccine. We DID have the regular flu shot, though. And the worst is that my kids have been stuck inside my house for the last 3 weeks, not being able to have or go to playdates. We are all pretty grumpy at times...
Here's hoping that we have now had our turn with illness this holiday season and will be well for Christmas!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Feel better!

Emily said...

Yikes! I had no idea! I guess I need to start reading the boys emails again because apparently I am in the dark. I must admit that we are excited about the date change for the baptism. This time we should be able to make it! GET WELL Garbers!!

Summer said...

Awww. :( If it makes you feel better, Zach got both the H1N1 and the regular flu shots, and still cought whatever it was the rest of us got. Which means all of us could have been vaccinated with both and would have still gotten sick.

Summer said...

oh geez- "caught." I think I have coughing on the brain or something.

Kell's Belles said...

I finally tracked down the Swine Flu vaccine and got it for everybody. Then, two days later, they got the stomach flu and puked their brains out for a week (on Thanksgiving). Don't blame yourself. Kids will always get sick with something!

Also, I ended up getting baptized five months after my eighth birthday because we each got chicken pox one by one (and then my mom had a baby and had to recover). It was fun to a special day to celebrate that was separated from my birthday. I bet Hannah will feel the same way :)

I hope everybody is feeling great by now!

Alisa said...

Oh dear! I'm so sorry for you. I hope you are feeling better soon!