Thursday, September 17, 2009

Matt's 33rd Birthday is coming tomorrow and I just wanted to blog for a sec about what an awesome man he is. I know so many of you already know this, but I can't help myself. Matt is really good for me -- and I find this out more and more each year we are married. He has never raised his voice at me, never said anything that I can recall that has ever hurt my feelings, and I know my name is safe with him when he is talking to his friends. Matt has a very intuitive sense of how others might be feeling and he is very sensitive to making sure people aren't put in awkward or uncomfortable situations. He has a lot of compassion for others, which leads him to be in the perfect career. Matt is also VERY grateful. He always recognizes our blessings, especially when I can't see them clearly. He loves to be at home with me or playing with our kids. And he is very creative in finding fun things to do with the kids. Matt supports me in the things I must accomplish and encourages me in the things I would like to accomplish. He serves in church and at home faithfully and quietly. He loves the Lord and has a special understanding of the Lord's love for him.
I am a becoming a better person because I married Matt.
I'm sure all of you are better for knowing him.
Happy Birthday Matt!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday - you both are great people and we are better for knowing you!

carter said...

Plus he looks great in a beard.

Happy Birthday Garb. 33? I remember that age. It's the prime of your life. Don't waste it.

Obviously you're a great husband to get such a glowing tribute from your wife. You've never hurt her feelings ever? I've probably hurt Kelly's feelings 10 times this week. What's your secret? I think you'd better write a book or something.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Matt -- I'll add to Kiley's tribute by saying he also has really good muscles and packing abilities. All furniture and boxes moved and stacked in less than two hours. Thanks brother.

Summer said...

Happy Birthday Matt! Hey Carter, I think Matt's secret for never hurting his wife's feelings is marrying Kiley. Those two are quite a couple of awesome people. I'm totally on board with the book idea- they should write one together.

Nicky said...

I'm sure he would be able to say equally great things about you. What a pair you make. I have to agree that Matt is a great guy!

Sarah Jane said...

Yes, you have a fabulous husband, and you two are just right for each other! We're lucky to know you both. Love the picture, too - :).

The quadra-binky is awesome! and love your house jack-o-lantern. We'll have to use that sometime. We miss having our own house to decorate - it's so temporary right now. Soon it will change!