Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Actually Have Something to Blog About

Hi everyone! I should have blogged a little more because we have been having an eventful month, but with summertime here and a new calling, I've been slowly tapering off... Here's an update.
Last weekend, my friend Jessica Donahey came with her kids to visit. We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House and this is what we saw when we came out of the temple:

I couldn't quite capture it with my camera, but the rainbow framed the temple completely. When will I ever see that again? Tender Mercy? You bet. My friend and I thought of several metaphors for this, but my favorite one was that you might miss some incredible things if you are afraid to go out in the rain.



Miss Madelyn graduated from preschool at Cameon's Kindercottage a few weeks ago. She LOVED this preschool and has come home with a lot of knowledge that is helping her learn to read.

Finally, Miles turned 2 on the 16th of June. His favorite gift(s)? Any and all kinds of sporting equipment, especially balls.
Here's a picture of him trying to show how old he is. Notice the toungue-out-in-extreme-concentration-look:

Updates on his language: he now has about 2 dozen words, mixtures of signing and sound effects (beep, beep or meow) and he is even putting two words together sometimes. He's such a cutie. One of our favorite things is that he makes his own sound effects like when he jumps off of something he says "boing!" Another favorite is his rabid lamb impression. BAAAAAAA!

6 comments:

Kell's Belles said...

GORGEOUS pictures. That rainbow was amazing.

Melissa said...

Kiley,

You need to send these to the Ensign. They are probably some of the most beautiful pictures of that temple I have seen.

My favorite Miles sign is when he knocks on you to get your attention. I think he was making an excellent attempt at saying my name too. What a cutie.

Emily said...

I agree with Kelly! Great pictures!! I'm assuming the Oqquirh Hills temple is now your assigned temple? It's definitely a beauty! And Happy Birthday Miles!

Brett - Rachel B said...

wow!

Summer said...

I didn't even know about that temple! So pretty! I love the amazing lighting on that family shot in front of it- gorgeous! Miles- you rock! Language explosion is nigh... ;D So much less frustrating than *whine, whine, point, point*

Nicky said...

Wow, what amazing Temple pictures! What a gift that must've been and I like the metaphor! I hope to get together with you soon.