So, I'm not sure why I am posting this... it is truly an embarassment that my 2 1/2 year old still loves these things. I'm praying that orthodontic problems won't be caused by this prolonged use. In addition, a little of his speech has probably been delayed by it. And it cramps his tough-guy image a bit. But, he's the baby and I can see how easy it is to hold on to these little baby phases. Until I'm ready to make him give them up, I'm taking the words of my mother, that no where in her life after raising young children did she ever have to fill out paperwork or an application saying that she allowed her children to have binkies, nor did she have to admit how old they were when they gave them up.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Binky Love
So, I'm not sure why I am posting this... it is truly an embarassment that my 2 1/2 year old still loves these things. I'm praying that orthodontic problems won't be caused by this prolonged use. In addition, a little of his speech has probably been delayed by it. And it cramps his tough-guy image a bit. But, he's the baby and I can see how easy it is to hold on to these little baby phases. Until I'm ready to make him give them up, I'm taking the words of my mother, that no where in her life after raising young children did she ever have to fill out paperwork or an application saying that she allowed her children to have binkies, nor did she have to admit how old they were when they gave them up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey one of my friends 5 year olds still uses a binki, there's nothing wrong with that.
I still pop one in on occasion....
What a great picture! I kinda have binky envy. Seriously, not ONE of my children would take one.
When you're ready, I saw the cutest way to get rid of them! You have the child help you gather all the binkies in the house in a bag and then you hang them in a tree in the yard for the Binky Fairy to come (she takes them to the babies who need them). She leaves a big girl or boy prize in the tree. And everybody lives happily ever after . . .
I think Owen would be envious of that picture, since he only gets 2 at a time. I wonder how I was able to ween my other two off them, since they both thoroughly enjoyed them. Owen may like them a TAD more than the other two. Binki's are a life saver at times,,,other times it can be a nuisance. Getting rid of them is definitely a nuisance.
Love, love, love this photo. Miles' tough guy image remains intact. It's like Binky overdrive, or Binkies to the max. So cute.
Hmm- I say glue 'em that way. If he ever wants a binki he has to pop all four at once. ;D
haha cute. Don't you hate when strangers pull kids binkys out of their mouths?
Post a Comment