Friday, June 25, 2010

Lovin' Locks



Last week, Hannah was able to get her hair cut for Locks of Love in an assembly at her elementary school. They have done this assembly every year since the school has been open. There were about 15 girls having their hair cut altogether. A beauty school came to supply the cuts for free.

It was so fun to hear all the kids in the room chanting "Cut! Cut! Cut!" while the girls had their hair chopped. They all had to donate at least 10 inches. Channel 2 news even came and did a short newstory that aired the following morning at 6:30 and featured a really cute shot of Hannah while getting trimmed up.

I was so proud of Hannah for wanting to do it! And she felt really good about it, too.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Aww- go Hannah! So cute! That is a MUCH better reason to get your hair cut than having to even out the chuck your best friend cut.

Now you're thinking one of my girls had to get their hair cut? No- Mia was the one weilding the scissors. Punk. Her best friend is now weilding the same cute as Hannah.

Well, it's an adorable style!! "Takes years off your age, daaahhhling." haha (It does make them look a little younger, no?!)

Summer said...

Oh geez- Type-o city. Sorry.

Kell's Belles said...

Hannah's new haircut is darling! It's perfect for the summer. And I love that her school has an assembly for Locks of Love! How great is that?

Kristen said...

Hannah looks so cute with her short hair! What a great service for an eight year old!!! I am sad I missed the news story. I would have liked to see Hannah make her TV debut!

Alisa said...

Way to go Hannah, what a service!