Sunday, September 7, 2008

Climbing Season

I thought I would escape the raising of young kids without a "climber." You know, the endearing quality moms talk about in which their child resembles something of a mountain goat and tries to reach the highest point of any piece of furniture or playground equipment. I didn't escape.

This is the girls' bunkbed. This is Miles on top. He can easily manuever the ladder. He also loves to climb to the highest, biggest, meant-for-a-five-year-old slide at the park and go down by himself. Fun times at the park. Let's just say it severely curtails my social experience at the park. I can no longer stand around in a little circle with my friends and gab. Arggg.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You'll need to buy some mountaineering gear and put him on belay. If he is the climber I guess that makes you the catcher. Good luck -- with Madelyn's speed and volume, Hannah's intellect, and Miles' athletic prowess you've got your hands full. All traits I hope I can someday obtain.

Summer said...

Holy cow!! And we've been complaining about Anya climbing onto things... but the highest she gets is the kitchen table. (Zach commented that she sure is quick for a kid who looks so sedentary- haha.) But the bunkbed ladder???!!! Wow- that's crazy!! Adventure boooooy!!

Yeah- we don't have much fun at the park, either. Lame. Maybe next year, right? ;)

Kell's Belles said...

Yikes! Just seeing the picture makes me nervous!

I can sympathize with you. I thought I had avoided having children who unload everything from every drawer and cupboard within their reach. Sadie is more than making up for her sisters lack of interest in that hobby.

And add me to the list of people who don't have very much fun at the park!

KEYSHA said...

Oh man! I thought I had it bad with a high kitchen table...but bunk beds! Yikes! I bet you keep that door shut as much as you can.

You and I will have to climb around the park together...with our little climbers. (I feel for ya. I miss the days of 'gabbing!')

p.s. I never told you how much I enjoyed your talk (like 3 weeks ago!) You did an amazing job!

NatRat said...

Look at him go! Impressive. Scary.