Saturday, September 13, 2008

Random Facts About Our Madelynny

I hope all you middle children out there weren't getting concerned that I was going to leave out my middle child from the "random facts" segment. I get to write a post all about Madelyn today as I get ready to put her into preschool on Monday. This girl is entertaining ... so read on!

**Madelyn's favorite way to eat a carrot is with the greens ON. We will always plant carrots because of her delight in eating them "just like a bunny."
**Madelyn has an intense fear of automatically flushing toilets. It never fails -- when we enter a foreign bathroom, she asks if it flushes all by itself. If it does, mommy has to put a piece of toilet paper over the "eye" so it won't flush while she is in the middle of her business.
**Madelyn loves horses. She can't get enough of them. She wants to be one for Halloween.
**Madelyn jumps. All the time. Everywhere.
**You always know exactly where you stand with Madelyn. She has no qualms about telling you if she wants you to sit by her or not or if she is happy about what you are doing. She HATES it when her daddy sings (he has a great voice) and gets very angry when he continues to do so to tease her.
**Madelyn can't take teasing. Don't even try it.
**Madelyn is one of the loudest singers in primary -- especially during "I am a Child of God."
**Madelyn loves the spotlight. Being in front of hundreds of people doesn't even phase her. She thrives off of it. And then she bows at the end of any performance like a true diva.
**Madelyn loves to draw. And she has this cute little smirk on her face when she does it. Some people stick out their tongue when they concentrate -- she smiles when she concentrates. She draws pages and pages of things each day for me and Matt and everyone.
**Madelyn has a kind heart. When she sees that someone in our family is really struggling, she will get a comforting object for them -- blanket, binky, etc.
**Madelyn is a good eater. Especially when promised daddy's "new food dance." You should see it. There isn't anything she won't eat for this...
**Madelyn says amazing prayers. She always says she is thankful for things. Instead of asking for help making good choices, she says "thank you that we can make good choices." She just knows she will get help being good!
Madelyn brings so much excitement to our home! We are sure she will add spice to her preschool class, too. I love you Madelynny!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I adore her! She is confident, smart, enthusiastic, and exuberant. She is not afraid to stand up for what she wants and what she believes. Her talents are boundless. Those preschool folks are going to be amazed.

Hollie said...

That's cute. I don't even know your kids at all, what kind of a cousin am I? I love that she cries when Matt sings, Drew does that to me when I sing so now I don't feel so bad. I thought I was the only parent in the world whose child doesn't want them to sing to. Guess Matt is in that boat with me now.

Mel said...

Oh, sweet Madelyn!!! I love that girl! When I hear the word spunky- I think of Madelyn. :)

Summer said...

I want to see the new-food-dance please.

She seems more like an oldest kid, and Hannah more like a middle kid. Which is way cool. Mom and dad have figured out how to let them be themselves.

NatRat said...

She is a cutie and I must say she is full of energy. I think she gets that from her mommy...you are always on the move.