Now to my freak accident two days ago. My mom insisted that I do this blog, so you can blame her. I'm at the church, getting ready to do a children's music class, closing off the big accordian doors between the gym and chapel, and just pulling with all my muscles because they're hard to close, and I stop walking because I think I've gone far enough and the door keeps coming and runs over the top of my foot while I'm wearing lovely little brown ballet-slipper-type shoes and I get a 2 1/2 inch gash in the top of my foot. It didn't hurt as bad as you might think -- later I was told by the Dr. that the top of your foot doesn't have as many nerve endings as other parts of the foot. So luckily my mom was there anyway to help with Miles for the music class, so she packs me and the kiddos in the car and takes me to the instacare where I get 11 stitches and a Tetanus/Pertussis (whooping cough that they now combine with the Tetanus because adults are no longer immune, it's true, ask my sister-in-law Melissa about her experience with Pertussis last winter) immunization. Actually, 2 days later, the shot is giving me more trouble than the foot. Fever, chills, and aching pain at the injection site. Yuck. So.... be careful around those accordian fold doors. And, sadly for me, no pedicures or running for a few days. And gone are my hopes for foot modeling.
And now for the picture:

5 comments:
OUCH! Yes, pertussis. It's a bad thing. Get immunized. It's up to you. Make sure Matt waits on you hand and "foot".
That's all you got? I was hoping to see the before or intra-operative shots. Hope you are feeling better.
Yowie. Huh- that's kind of freaky knowing those sliders are so dangerous. Could slice off baby digits. Yikes.
Ouch!! Thank goodness the tetanus now comes the whooping cough. What a great excuse to keep the foot well rested and take some much needed R & R!
That looks painful--Ouch!! I think you still may have a chance as a foot model, a little mederma goes a long way!
Post a Comment