Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kelly's Contest

My friend Kelly is having a contest to see who has the all-time greatest school pictures from back in the day. Anyone else who wants to join in, go comment on http://www.kellsbelles.blogspot.com/ and let her know you want to participate. So indulge me in a walk down memory lane:


I wanted to start with the cutie patootie picture from my toddler days. I think my mom tortured me with sponge curlers the night before.

Next, the ill-advised hand-under-chin pose. With my fifth grade best friend. Who, sadly, I no longer keep in contact with, but get to see whenever I pull out these treasures.


And then, the days when photographers got funky on us and introduced AMAZING backgrounds. I love the neon pink circle. I truly thought it was awesome and remember passing out these bad-boys like they were free $20.00 bills. I'm sure everyone I remotely new had one.

Finally, the other background inspired picture. Sadly, you can't really see the ginormous bow I'm wearing on my head. But you can see that I didn't learn to pluck my eyebrows until much, MUCH later.
Now for Matt. I couldn't find anything that hilarious. I think his mom probably has all the others through the years. But it's still worth a look, even if only to see how truly like Matt my kiddos look:

Matt at 2. My son inherited the same drool glands. And the same cute eyes/nose/mouth/eyebrows/hair, you name it.


It wouldn't surprise me if this picture of Matt at 6 years old remined you of Hannah. What a cutie!


This is the only remotely incriminating picture I found this morning. It has the whole 80s package. Gun. Miss-matched shorts. Mullet. I also LOVE the knobby knees, which, SURPRISE, Hannah has too.



I can't make fun of this one. He's just such a cutie! I would have had a crush on him, then, too. I wonder how he got his bangs to wave like that.


And finally, one that I thought would put me in Carter's good graces. A JR Jazz picture from their 1994 team. This includes Josh (top right), Matt (bottom left), Brett (bottom middle), Charles (next to Brett), and Jeff Stoddart (all dressed up on the end). Sorry it's not bigger so you can see more detail. There might even be others in there that you recognize.

There's my offering! Make of it what you will. But I think I can see myself as the owner of a brand new set of fuzzy pencils from the dollar spot at Target.

6 comments:

Kell's Belles said...

LOVE IT, Kiley! Seriously good offerings :) I can't even pick my favorite! Too funny!

carter said...

OH man, that gun one is showtime. Classic. As for the "wave" bangs look, I think it just happened automatic back then. Something was in the air. Kelly thought I used hairspray, but nope. All natural. I know that Bulldogs picture well.

Oh and hey, I think you had an extra "e" in Kelly's blog address. It's:

kellsbelles.blogspot.com

Katie Stoddart said...

Jeff "loves" the basketball picture! He groaned "oh no" as soon as he saw it. Love the old pics! I wonder where my pictures are with the psychadelic (sp?) background. Fun stuff!

Melissa said...

Kiley,

I'm so glad you included the mullet hunt photo and the toddler drool. I was also excited to see your way cute toddler pic. I saw Hannah when I looked at it. She gets the good genes from both her parents. I'd post my school photos, but let's face it, I use a picture of my dog in my profile. My pics aren't going to see the light of day. See you Sunday.

Mr.& Mrs. Garber said...

Kiley,
That first picture is Hannah to a tee. I have a picture of her where you tortured her with the tiny curlers too....so cute. And every one of Matt's are too cute. I have fond memories of every stage, although I think Bear took the picture of the gun. I never would have snapped that one.

Erin said...

Wow Kiley, I love the photos! Sadly, I can't participate because all my old photos are in storage while we're crashing at my parents! Oh well, the world will have to go on without my childhood photos plastered over the internet...but I'm REALLY glad you put yours on the internet! LOL!