Monday, November 17, 2008
WICKED Wicked WICKED!
So, we were getting ready to board our plane for TX for our cruise, which I'll blog about later, and I see the book "Wicked" is for sale and I think, hmmm, I know tons of great ladies who LOVE that musical! I think I'll buy it and read it this week. I got 50 pages in and there were references to every evil sexual thing I can imagine, and some I could never have imagined. I'm pretty sure that the musical is MUCH cleaner because of all the wonderful women I know who love it. I'm just putting a warning out about the book. Matt put it nicely when he said, "What did ya think it would be about, the title IS "wicked"? Can anyone confirm or deny what I'm talking about here? Is the musical mild? What would you rate it if it were a movie? I need my faith in the musical restored so I can be excited about seeing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Everything I have actually heard from the show during promotions and talk shows left me very uninmpressed. I think it's just popular to think it's an increible show- because the songs I've heard were really banal.
Wow- type-o city... sorry 'bout that. ;)
Oh yes - I really hated the book. It was all I could do to get through it.
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your cruise. I've never seen the musical but I love the songs "Popular" and "For Good." It's so disappointing when a bunch of smut is thrown into the mix. It's probably just in the book -- at least let's hope it's only in the book. I really want to see the musical.
Yeah, the book is just weird. I really didn't enjoy it. I hear the musical is much different. You should ask Carter because he saw it in London this summer!
Sorry I have no comment, haven't heard anything about the book until now, but I hear the musical is great:) Enough of that, I want to hear about the trip:)
I've heard the book is horrible, but the musical is terrific so I don't know. You're the second person I've heard say they hated the book, which makes me sad because I wanted to read it. Thanks for the warning.
OH MY GOODNESS YOU HAVE TO SEE THE MUSICAL BECAUSE IT IS FANTASTIC!
Because the musical does tell a story about witches and has some hocus pocus and sorcery with some daunting music I would not recommend it for little kids - but when you go to buy tickets they say 8 or older. I would want it to be a mature 8 year old (but why pay $100 for an 8 year-old's seat - go on a date - we'll babysit).
The book is nothing like the play, so I've heard, NASTY BOOK!
Anyway - let's see the pics of the hot girl that ran so far to look fantastic for her trip...
I have heard this same thing. My sister LOVED the musical (I haven't seen it) and tried to read the book but couldn't make it past the 1st chapter. She said it was truly horrible.
Nice to see that I can still be excited for the musical someday!
I've read the book and seen the musical, in that order. I liked both of them. As with lots of things in life, your expectations can color your experience of something for better or worse. The musical is BASED ON the book. It ain't the book. The book is quite dark, and ends pretty tragically, with lessons to be learned in retrospect. It has quite a bit of vulgarity. The musical is WAY tamed down. It ends completely differently. You won't be disappointed. But you gotta take the approach that the musical and the book are separate but similar entities, and take what you can from each.
Post a Comment