Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year Diet

I know many of you out there are dieting now. Or trying to be "healthier." It's killing me. I had to turn down a big bag of chocolate from Christmas, not eat one single sugar cookie after making an entire batch (and sugar cookies are my all-time favorite cookie), and try to exercise each day while still a tad sick. Anyone else having issues/triumphs/depression over calorie counting?
I always thought it was funny when women said, "I just have that last 10 pounds to lose." Then I had my third baby and now I understand that sentiment.
Any commiserators out there?
Any triumphs you are proud of this week?

10 comments:

Melissa said...

To help me stay motivated I started a blog. I think I just wanted an excuse to create another playlist with my favorite motivational songs. The problem was I thought I had made it private, when in actuality I had only blocked comments, so it was out and open for all the world to see on my blogroll. Ugh! That was a little less motivating. So, I ate a cookie. : )

Zicker said...

You might hate me for this but I actually lost weight over christmas. I was sick and couldn't eat anything for about three days the week after christmas. I could be on to something here. The christmas tapeworm.

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

Type-o! Deleted the first one- hehe.

I got on the elliptical once this week, which is one more time than I've gotten on it the last- uh- twenty weeks.

And I didn't buy a lot of yummy things I saw at the store the last few times I went.

Baby steps...

JJ said...

My mother-in-law gave us the Wii Fit for Christmas, so it has you set a weight loss goal and then tracks your progress every day. It also shames you into it because if your BMI is to high, it plumps your little character up and makes them look fat. It also chews you out if you don't use it for a couple of days and cracks jokes about your balance if you are a little off on some of the tests. I am down a whopping 3 pounds over the last 18 days. It kinda works.

Kell's Belles said...

I myself am savoring my last holiday season as a pregnant woman! Although I probably should rethink my strategy as THREE people have come up to me in the last week and said, "Wow, you've gotten really big!" Gotta love the freedom people feel to comment on your size when you're pregnant.

Your new diet strategy: Come stand by me. You'll look instantly smaller.

Brett - Rachel B said...

I'm combining like 7 diets in one, and so far they are working.
keeping a motivational journal
eating more lentils (good for the pocketbook too I might add!)
Trying to workout at night
Getting daily req. of fiber (goes along with the lentils)
and most importantly, I'm doing the exchange system
Week one: 2 lbs lost and I'm not hungry- I feel like I should do a commercial!
Good luck! You can do it!

Stacy said...

I am letting myself pig out on Thursdays. It seems like I can keep it together Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but by Thursday the emotions of the week get to me..so I pig out and then I am so sick of eating I can do okay over the weekend.

NatRat said...

Ummmm...weight loss advice, it is all so hard, especially when you have gone from eating whatever your tummy wants, gain 12 pounds and then want to get it off. It doesn't really come off as quick as it came on...such a bummer. Good luck! I bet you are doing great:)

Emily said...

Kiley, after each of your babies you've always managed to jump back to your previous weight beautifully. You are the one that should be giving me pointers. Is there a diet out there that lets you drink Dr. Pepper? Hmm... wishful thinking.