Monday, January 5, 2009

Eye Patch


This was a good flick. I think it's an important one to see, although not always easy to watch. And for a split second, they made me forget my WWII history -- I thought just maybe the plot would work! And Cruise's curly hair. Loved that.

A movie like this makes you think what you would be like in a situation where standing with your convictions could mean certain death. We don't face that kind of moral dilemma very often "nowadays." I guess what we usually have to reconcile is living what we believe. Really commiting to our lives. Every single day.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I found myself thinking the same thing -- Maybe this time it is going to work. I had known about the plot but I never realized how involved it was. Really, a good interesting movie.

Summer said...

Now I feel bad that I used our quarterly date night to drag Zach to Twilight instead. Well, no- I felt bad during the movie. Now I feel really bad- haha.

Kell's Belles said...

I'm so glad we picked this movie! I wasn't too excited about it but I ended up LOVING it for a lot of the reasons you listed. The courage that the Tom Cruise character showed (I have no clue how to spell that name), especially when he told Bill Nighy to look the fire squad in the eyes. It just gave me chills!

Emily said...

Amen sista! I was a bit sad that I knew the outcome only because we all know how Hitler did die. I was glad to see that there were many that DID attempt to make things right in Germany during that dark time.