Thursday, February 5, 2009

Togetherness/Miles Update

During January, Hannah was off-track, so the kids have spent a lot of time together in the last 1 1/2 months. Hannah is so easy to have home, so it wasn't hard at all for mom. Hannah is a peacemaker and entertainer for her sibs, so we love having her around!



The American Girl Doll Magic has still not worn off. Hannah gave her doll, Paige, a portrait one day. Hannah and Paige still do everything together, which is great to see considering the considerable investment Paige was (for a doll). We continue to love to read and watch the American Girl Series. What could be better than getting in a little American History while instilling values into your daughter? I still tear up a little when I watch the movies. Although pricey, this is a hobby that mom loves.


Madelyn was Star Student of the Week for preschool. Of course, if you know Madelyn at all, you know that her loves in life are jumping/running and horses. So she was proud to share this with her class.

Who doesn't love a little chocolate pudding? Especially if there're banana pieces hidden inside to make you eat something healthy and you don't realize it?



Matt may have to see a chiropractor after this one, but the smiles on everyone's faces were worth it!


The kids really enjoyed filling Miles' crib with all the stuffed animals they could find (which was a considerable amount, based on the fact that our stuffed animals reproduce in the dark. Those frisky devils!) I was glad I had the presence of mind enough to snap a picture before barking orders to clean up.




Just to update you on Miles, in the last 2 weeks he has picked up some solid words. So, I'm less likely to worry and I'm grateful for all the advice. Being reminded to narrate our activities helps...I did that all the time with Hannah and Madelyn, but somewhere along the line stopped doing it as much with Miles.


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Kiley,

It seems like it's been forever since I last saw everyone. Where did January go? Anyway, I love the pictures. The stuffed animals in the crib remind me of a picture my mom took back in the day. I was in the tub with all of the stripped down dolls from the church nursery. Mom wanted to clean them and I guess I wanted to get in on the action. Come to think of it, me with tons of naked dolls is pretty creepy and not at all like super cute kids with stuffed animals in the crib. Hannah's portrait of Paige is spot on and Madelyn and Miles is still as cute as ever.

Kell's Belles said...

Your five weeks of being off track look a LOT happier than our five weeks! I've been saying prayers of gratitude ever since school started back up :)

And now I'm off to find something comparable to chocolate pudding. Miles sure can sell that chocolate-y goodness.

Keysha said...

Your kids are too cute! (Way to capture the everyday moments; those are the most important!)

I'm excited (or dreading?) Myka to start to find out about American Girl dolls. I loved them growing up; but never owned one...but I did love the books! So, I plan on re-living my childhood through Myka:)

Emily said...

Gotta love those stuffed animals. James and Annie have been playing with ours a lot lately. I've thrown/donated many of them thinking that they would never be played with. I guess I was wrong. Glad to hear all is well!

Alisa said...

What a great, newsie update. I love this blog because it makes me feel like I actually get to know your kids and their personalities which I never would get at the annual Christmas party and occasional baby shower! My favorite is the photo in the crib FULL of stuffed animals. It's a good life!