Thursday, March 19, 2009

FRUSTRATION!

I feel like I am in great cardio shape, can do an endurance step class, body sculpt class, run a few miles, and on and on, but THE SCALE IS NOT BUDGING! My body is changing it's metabolism because I'm getting older and I don't know how to get around it. Before, all I'd have to do is add exercise 3 or 4 times a week and the weight would drop off. Now I fear that I have to really start dieting, too. And it's not like I'm shoving terrible food in my mouth all day either. I'm not trying to lose 30 lbs or anything, just like 10 or 15. Is it possible to be over-exercising? In such a way that my body resists dropping weight? Any ideas? I'm looking for free weight loss advice here.

8 comments:

Katie Stoddart said...

I am having the same problem. I start running and doing more exercise and I have actually gained 5 pounds! Not that i was doing that to loose any weight, but when you work out you don't expect to gain weight. I keep telling me it is muscle, but my pants are tight around the waist- I know what is hanging over is NOT muscle. If you learn the secret let me know.

Summer said...

It is possible to over-exercise- you should call and talk to Zach- he's got some interesting theories, and his weight is dropping. My weight is, too- but we're both pretty overweight, so it's not as hard. Aren't you already a healthy weight? Maybe your body is happy the way it is! ;D

For my sister- she was already a healthy weight, but wanted to get uber-toned and had plateaued. But a few monthss later, she stated losing again. Maybe your metabloism just doesn't feel like it right now, and it will later!

I didn't lose my Mia weight til after the twins were born. I have no idea why. I think our bodies just have a lot on their minds, and get around to losing weight when they can... ;D

Good luck- your hard work will pay off in some form- it has to!

NatRat said...

I have learned since I am getting older, that it is all about eating right. I won't drop a pound unless I am eating right. I can exercise my rear off but if I am not dieting I won't loose a thing. Everyone is different though, I wish I had an answer:(

Alisa said...

Oh man, I'm sorry. I'm feeling the same frustrations lately as well. If you find the secret, let me know! And good luck!

Katie Stoddart said...

Okay, so funny thing. I went to enrichment last night, and it was about exercising. One of the questions was the same as yours. And she said that your body gets used to the routines that you do. She suggested mixing it up. Strength trainning is one of the best things to do, also interval trainning. I have a whole packet on things that she suggested. If you would like it, just let me know and I will email it to you.

Stacy said...

I'd try adding weight training to your routine. I can do cardio until I die and not see a difference, but I can do three days a week of weight training and feel a difference within a week or two. I will help with your metabolism it is so much easier on your bod...if you don't want to join a gym, You can start with some dumbbells at home and even push ups are great, there are some awesome videos, and you can use a balance ball, some good dumbells and a band and get a great work out at home. I can give you some exercises if you want. And yes unfortunately you have to eat right when you hit the close to thirty mark, and believe me it just gets worse! The other thing about cardio is it makes you HUNGRY!

Jen S said...

i think it's cuz you already look fabulous!! ;0 you don't need to lose anything! (but i know what you mean!)

Hollie said...

So, um, I seem to have lost more weight without exercising and just watching what I eat... but sometimes I don't even watch what I eat. I think it's all about having a 9 month old who will eat nothing else than what my body produces... Want to lose weight? Have another baby! hahahahaha!!!