Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mini Strawberry Shortcakes

So I had a box of Twinkies lying around (unusual around here...) and some strawberries. We decided to cut a slit in the middle of the twinkie and stuff some strawberry slices inside. YUMMY little mini-shortcake! Stroke of genius? Maybe. More likely this fun easy treat was inspired by Weird Al Yankovich on UHF when he eats a "Twinkie Wiener Sandwich." Yes, I'll admit I've seen it. Many times. But I will say I was a teenager when I watched it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think I might have to go buy a box of Twinkies right now. Who knew? I love the pictures of your house. Forget the pictures. I love your house. You've put it together so wonderfully. Love ya.

Summer said...

My seminary teacher made us eat twinkie-weiner-cheeze-wiz sandwiches on our b-days, and for some stupid reason, the rule was that if the birthday person wouldn't eat it, one of the class presidents had to. Which were me and Tyler Jensen.

I have eaten more than one twinkie-weiner-cheese-wiz sandwiches in my life.

Your little stroke of genius looks much tastier. What a good idea!!!