Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh my aching knees

So, it happened today. My first half-marathon! I am thrilled it's over, and am still feeling some residual effects, but am walking on two feet and feeling pretty alive and still smiling... I finished with a time I was happy with, put me at around a 10-minute mile. Granted, the course was mostly downhill. Matt was busy filming me crossing the finish line, so we don't have any pictures of that, but some friends might. Nat will probably have an amazing blog about it in the next couple of days, so when I see that, I'll redirect you to her... Thanks to Rachel, Nat, Leslie, Keysha, Stacy and everyone who kept me motivated!


9 comments:

Summer said...

Woo hoo!!!!! Congratulations!!!!


Inspired I am. (I wrote that in a Yoda voice.)

Melissa said...

You are a rock star! I'm watching the Olympics men's marathon event. It is so far! You did that -- at least you did half of that. You completed half of an Olympic event. It's like you ran from my house to my parents house. I'm amazed. You are a great inspiration.

NatRat said...

Kiley you did awesome! I am so proud of you. I had a blast, I hope you had as much fun...

Stacy said...

I'm feeling you on the knee thing, and the ankles and the quads and my rear end. It was a fun morning. Good Job!

Hollie said...

Congrats Ki!
I'm so proud of you for doing the half. Maybe next time I'll join along.

Kell's Belles said...

Congrats, Kiley! That is quite an accomplishment. I can't even imagine running that far!

Michelle & Nic said...

Congratulations Kiley! Now you have a great excuse to go pamper yourself and get a pedicure. Great job!!

Ashley said...

I wanted to be there to watch you cross the finish line but I just couldn't get myself out of bed!!! I hope you had fun though! And as for that book, it is really good and I enjoyed it even more because it is based on a true story!! I would borrow it to you but I actually borrowed from my friend, I haven't watched to movie yet but I would like to!

Mel said...

Congratulation, Kiley!!! That is so great that you ran your first half marathon! You are amazing!!