Sunday, August 31, 2008

RAH RAH rah rah rah GOOOO COUGARS!!

You know you're a Mormon Mom BYU fan when you make sugar cookies in the shape of footballs, helmets, and the letters BYU and you go to the store to specifically buy the right color of food coloring for the blue, AND you spend some time on hold with the dish company, making absolutely certain you have the right game channel, AND you make all your family wear matching BYU shirts and you make sure the pigtails in the girl's hair are complete with blue bows (which fall out before the game even starts), AND you make sure you have that polar fleece BYU blanket, THEN you spend the whole game watching your baby boy because he is more entertaining than the 3 1/2 hour game that is riddled with penalties, injuries, and slow moving plays. Next time we wear our PJs while we crack open a bag of Chips Ahoy.

I love college football season! It hails back to sitting next to my dad on the couch on an autumn afternoon with his arm around me, being lulled to sleep by the soothing announcer-man. GO COUGS!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Zach was lamenting the fact that he didn't think he was going to be able to stick to his goal of letting the BYU season go by unnoticed for once. His reason: too many Mormons in Ohio.. ;) But now I'm thinking it's just in his blood... Bluuuuuue blood.

Melissa said...

Love the cookies -- I didn't catch the BYU game but I did watch the last quarter of the Utes in Michigan. That was pretty entertaining. :)

Mel said...

Go Utes!!! :) I've got to add a little rivalry to the blog.