Sunday, July 20, 2008

New-To-Us Bedroom Set

We recently inherited my mom and dad's old bedroom set, which was in really great condition, just needed some updating. So, instead of blogging much in the last two weeks, Matt and I have been spending every available night sanding, priming, sanding, painting, painting this furniture. And it has turned out awesome! I wouldn't take on another quest to refinish furniture lightly. Lots of steps to get a good finished product. But this was worth it. Maybe someday we'll paint the walls, but until then, our paintbrushes are holstered for a while.

5 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

It turned out great! I love the bedset, too - I'm glad that you kept it!

Melissa said...

So nice. There is something to be said for matching nightstands.

NatRat said...

I was wondering what was going on in that garage of yours. I could tell there was something being painted. Looks awesome. We are using Collin's parents bedroom set, minus the headboard, that they got when they were married. I painted them and made them look a little updated. I must admit, I am a little ready for a new dresser. The dresser is getting a little beat up. It is 30+ years old. They don't make furniture like that anymore.

Sorry this turned out to be a super long comment...long winded today.

Summer said...

Wow- that looks awesome! Do they want it back now that it looks so different and chic? ;-) Way to go!

Mel said...

Nice!!! I love it- it's so nice to have a nice bedroom set to enjoy. You probably never want to leave!