I hope you will indulge me in writing about Hannah. She starts first grade this week and I am feeling nostalgic... be warned, I'm going to use my "motherly bragging rights" card for some of this:***Hannah has the funniest laugh. When she really gets going, it's a crazy laugh that you wouldn't picture coming from such a demure little girl. But her Uncle Tyson can get it out of her any time.%5B1%5D.JPG)
***Hannah is a very self-motivated learner. She pretty much taught herself to read and loves to stay up in bed reading. She has read many Junie B. Jones books and American Girl books. Not only does she read them, her comprehension is great! She can tell me all about the story when she's done. She was at a reading level "P" -- rated according to the alphabet -- when she finished Kindergarten (I believe the expected level for her age was "C").
***Hannah loves to shop with me. She likes to watch me try on clothes and tell me which ones she likes better. We spent 2 hours shopping for clothes for her yesterday, trying things on and deciding what to get...
***Hannah understands what it means for there to be consequences to choices. She likes to choose the right because she feels it will make her happy.
***Hannah snores when she sleeps.
***Hannah is very even-tempered and responsible. I can depend on her to be a good friend to Madelyn or to watch Miles for a second while I accomplish something else.
***Hannah loves to know about her ancestors. She will sit for hours while we look at pictures of great-great grandparents and talk about who they were and what they believed.
***Hannah loves to invite people to church or primary activities. She is a good example for me.
***Hannah is brave. She can give talks, deliver lines in Primary programs, and play the piano for recitals and not seem at all ruffled. She also pulled out her own tooth when it was ready.
***Hannah has a quiet determination that is unequaled in anyone I've seen. If she wants something (or doesn't want it) there is no convincing her otherwise. If we can just help her to get on the right path, there is nothing that can deflect her! If we ever need to lay seige to anyone, put Hannah in charge and there is no one who will out-last her.
***Hannah loves worms. Whenever we work in the garden, she spends her time finding worms and building a little home for them.

***Hannah is a peace-maker. She is able to keep the peace with friends and, most notably, her little sister. She knows when it is okay to just let things go and when she needs to stand firm, without being disagreeable.
I love you Hannah! You are going to make a stellar first grader!
4 comments:
***Man that girl can whistle!
Good luck with your first week, in your new grade, with your new class, your new teacher, and your new school. You're going to be FANTASTIC! I love you!
P.S. Love the glasses and mustache.
***what a shopper! She was so excited to go shoe shopping with her mom. How cute! Good luck in first grade, Hannah- you are going to have such a great time in your new school.
I couldn't believe it this April when she pulled that book out in the car and started reading... mature inflection, perfect pronounciation- and completely unprodded and enthusiastic to show her skills on her own. That was so fun!
She's gonna light up the first grade.
Thanks for dealing with me this morning...I am a whimp, worse than my own little first grader.
Hannah and Coop remind me a lot of each other.
And I can't believe she is reading that far, she is awesome.
Post a Comment