Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Woo Hoo

Woo Hoo, look at me, blogging every day this week so far!

I've been on a few blogs today that have done this, so I'll join in....

Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave a comment about you on my comments.

10 comments:

Hollie said...

Okay let's see. One hot summer day you and I were in the woods... with a camera... what did we decide to do? We took modeling photos of us and we thought we were so hot... and we were...!!!
I still always remember too, (this is more about your mom than me) but when I'd stay over at your house and we had breakfast in the morning your mom would pour the milk in the bowl before the cereal... I always thought that was so weird. Do you do it now?

Lesley said...

Ok, I guess I am blog stalking or whatever... Here is my memory, I remember when you were pregnant with Hannah when Melissa and I were roommates. It is good that you are back in the area to be closer to family. --Lesley

The Garber Family said...

Hollie -- I don't pour milk first. I think it wastes milk. The cereal always goes in first. Aren't you glad I broke that chain?

Carrie said...

Hey, stranger:) I LOVE reading your blog and promise to email soon. As for a memory...I remember running/walking with you (you were humoring me as I attempted to get my post-partum body back into shape) at Saghalie. I foolishly brought up "more affordable" housing in Puyallup. Who knew that was the beginning of sending you far, far away?? Boy how we miss you:( However, that was the start of a wonderful friendship and the first of many theraputic runs. Not a 5:30 a.m. run goes by that I don't think about you with a smile:)

Nicky said...

I remember you teaching us to make orange rolls at Barbara's house. MMMMMMM! I'm sorry to say I've never made them because I'm still too intimidated. But I sure loved eating them.

Melissa said...

Kiley, so many great moments. The first time I "secretly" watched you put Hannah to bed was one of the most tender things I have ever seen. She was just an infant yet, you took time to read a scripture, sing a song, and say a prayer as only a mother could. I love how you set that pattern. My other favorite moment was very recent. Watching the American Idol season finale at your house and hearing Ryan Seacrest announce...and the winner is David...recording ends. That was a great moment. Finally, this isn't a moment. But my favorite picture of you is what I like to call the Ensign cover. You are sitting on the couch next to Matt holding Hannah. The three of you are looking at one another with so much love. Perfect bliss.

Ashley said...

Well lets see, having you and Matt in the temple when Tyson and I were sealed, when we went to the zoo!! About a week and a half ago we were sitting on your parents lawn and we were talking about lots of things, I really enjoyed that. Also I love to watch you with your kids, your an amazing mom, I hope Tyson and I can eventually be as great as parents as you and Matt!!

Summer said...

I remember when Zach and I were newlyweds and you didn't know me yet, you were talking about how excited you were to finally have a sister. I thought three things at the same time: What a sweet and welcoming thing to say; I bet my sisters would have a thing or two to say to her- good thing they aren't here; and, what would it have been like- not dealing with two other PMS-cadets, worrying about creepy boyfriends and immodest clothes they brought home, catty-petty-brutally honest fights, and missing jewelry?

But now that I've been away from my sisters so long, I'm seeing how such a thing as a sister might be missed. ;-)

I also remember standing downstairs in the hallway of your parents' house on our way to our honeymoon. "I just have one word for you guys..." Hahahahaha!

I'm glad you finally got a sister. And I'm glad (for me, anyway)it was me. ;)

Mel said...

Kiley- I am so happy that you brought dessert to our house! Dad definitely wanted to impress "the boy's" new wife so we all benefitted from that. :) But seriously (although I take sweets very seriously) you are an awesome sister and I love watching you with your kids. You are a great mom and you can do anything - you can run a marathon, and then come home and make delicious rolls and make some glitter project with the girls. :)

Sarah Jane said...

The first time we met when you came to visit teach, and you liked my pumpkins. Then I tried to teach you how to sew them (all the little steps) when you could have made them on your own.
The rest is history! :)