Miles has decided to engage himself if some rather unsavory and dangerous activities lately. He makes a beeline for any open toilet. He loves to dip things in, including his binkies. Not to mention that if he fell in he'd drown. Yuck and scary. So we always try to close the lid and the door to all bathrooms (because not only does he love to play in the toilet, but he also loves to unwrap all the toilet paper, so if you come to my place and find your toilet paper in a bag beside the toilet, don't be alarmed, it isn't pre-used).
He has also learned to climb up stairs. We have a gate at the top for when we are all upstairs, but we have to still find a gate for the bottom of the stairs. This is the bain of my mothering exsistance because he can go up semi-safely, and not down safely. So this morning, you can imagine my horror when I hear thump, thump, thump all the way down the stairs. Luckily, on investigation, he was at the top of the stairs, behind the closed gate, and throwing weights downstairs underneath it.
3 comments:
Thanksgiving Point was fun! As for mastering the stairs -- I live in fear of having my neighbors find me at the bottom of mine. They are very steep. I think we should just install some sort of slide for our trips down.
Sadie and Miles should form a toilet appreciation club because she's really into those bathroom activities you described, too! You need to fill me in on how you get the girls to remember to shut the door every time because mine cannot seem to remember to a)shut the potty or b) shut the bathroom door. I just clean the toilet every day and pray exposure to germs early in life promotes a healthy immune system!
Aaaahhh!!! That is the worst sound in the world. That's actually the sound that woke me up the other morning. But it was just Zach in the hallway... something to do with his pants...
Pretty pretty flower/kid pictures!! I want to go there now. :-( Oh, well, at least I can see pics!!
Post a Comment